Do you remember last year when Lay’s released their new chip flavors; Sriracha, Chicken & Waffles, Cheesy Garlic Bread? Did you try them? We did for a month straight it seemed that was all we were buying because no one could decide if we liked them or not. It became a joke at my in-laws’ house which bag would be emptied first and which one would get pushed to the back of the cupboard. Well Lay’s is up to it again with Lay’s Do Us A Flavor contest! Allowing their fans to submit chip flavors in hopes of seeing it turned into a reality!
The Lay’s “Do Us A Flavor” contest invites fans nationwide to submit their ideas for the next great Lay’s potato chip flavor for the chance to win a $1 million grand prize. (see rules) A judging panel made up of chefs, foodies and flavor experts will narrow down the contest submissions to four finalist flavors. The four finalist flavors will then be fully developed by Frito-Lay’s culinary experts and unveiled in summer 2014 and sold nationwide. From there, it will be up to fans to vote for the finalist flavor they want to see stay on store shelves, and the finalist behind the winning flavor will take home the million dollar grand prize.
ANNNND to add to the fun of the contest this year: Fans are able to choose from three potato chip forms – Lay’s Original, Lay’s Kettle Cooked and/or Lay’s Wavy – for their flavor ideas!! Can you imagine the amazing creations possible with the different chip textures?!
When I had mentioned the contest taking off to the family the other night at dinner, Sy suggested they make one of his favorite meals into a chip. Sy’s favorite; Bacon & Chicken Ranch Alfredo is so incredibly easy and tasty beyond words. I still remember the first time the kids found the recipe, it was chicken scratched on a scrap piece of paper in my recipe box. Still to this day I have zero clue where in the world it came from. The combination of ingredients had me scrunching my nose up but the ending taste was delicious!
With that being said, do I think this would taste good as a chip? Hmm I honestly don’t know. Maybe if it were just bacon and ranch but adding the chicken to the mix just might throw the order of the chip into a horrible tailspin of disgust. However he is insisting that it would be great. But that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t love seeing it tried. Never hurts to try something once. Like we tell the kids, try something three times to get a full opinion on whether you don’t like it. So maybe the Bacon & Chicken Ranch Alfredo would turn into a great chip.
How do you think this family favorite might translate into a yummy potato chip flavor?
If you think so stop on over to Lay’s Do Us A Flavor and submit your flavor. Don’t wait because the contest ends April 5th, 2014!!
- 1 box of your favorite pasta
- 2 cups cooked and chopped chicken
- 1 box of pre-cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded fiesta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cook pasta according to the box. Drain. and toss back into pot. (I make this in my dutch oven so I can limit the amount of dirty dishes)
- Add in chicken, bacon, and a 3/4 cup of cheese to the pasta.
- In a separate pot, melt butter add the flour and stir to make the roux. Add in heavy cream and don’t forget to stir till thicken. Removed from heat add in garlic, onion powder and ranch. Combine.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and chicken combo. Stir to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese over the top.
- If you are using your Dutch Oven like me then I just pop a lid on it and stick it in the oven. If you aren’t using one, spray a 9x13 dish and pour the mixture into the dish and bake for 15 minutes or so.
Latest posts by Chelle W (see all)
- What’s New on Netflix: DINOTRUX - August 12, 2015
- Achieving Goals w/ Walgreens Balance Rewards Program - August 10, 2015
- 2015 Subaru Legacy: Our Weeklong Test Drive & Review - July 29, 2015